I have been trying to lose weight. It has been hard since I stopped smoking. I stopped one bad habit and started eating everything. I want to eat right, but I crave other foods. What to do? I have started picking up healthy snacks. I bought a lunch bag which I carry to work, and I also keep some healthy snacks around the house. The problem is the cravings. I love to eat out. I love eating lunch with co-workers, love ones, and special someone. I have to learn to deal with cravings later, but today I am going to give you a list of healthy snacks. Try to keep them around the house and at your job.
- Almonds – I found these facts on http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/almonds.html. They wrote “The nuts are an excellent source of Vitamin E.
- Bananas – A good source of potassium, dietary fiber, manganese and vitamins B6 & C was written by http://www.chiquitabananas.com/Worlds-Favorite-Fruit/index-banana-nutrition-facts.aspx.
- Spinach – The possible health benefits of consuming spinach include improving blood glucose control in diabetics, lowering the risk of cancer, lowering blood pressure, improving bone health, lowering the risk of developing asthma and more. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270609.php
- Apples – Health benefits are Bone Protection, Asthma Help, Alzheimer’s Prevention, Lower Cholesterol, Lung Cancer Prevention, Breast Cancer Prevention, Colon and Liver Cancer Prevention, weight loss, and Diabetes Management.
- Carrots – benefits include Vision, Prostate cancer, Leukemia, and cancer.
- – Drink 8 cups of water and drink some magnesium tonight. Exercise for 15 to 30 minutes. Make sure you fill up with healthy snacks like fruit, protein, and veggies. This will keep you from getting hungry and you will eat less.
I know there are many more healthy snacks out there, but eating these are a great start to healthy living.