Day Seven – Tracking
Today is the day that we start tracking our progress. I want you to start a Journal. It would be great if you would have a note book or tablet. You can put three dividers in the notebook or you can get a tablet with three dividers. Label the first divider Mind, the second one Body, and the last divider Soul. Another way to organize your journal is to write Mind, Body, and Soul each page. Make sure that you leave room between each title to write. The most important part of a Journal is the date. Date each page. It is so helpful to write what you did for that day. It is also helpful to write when you did not do anything that day. Not to beat yourself up, but to see why you did not complete your tasks, so you will not repeat that behavior again. I have been starting and stopping Journals for years. I always get a kick out of reading what I did that year. We are human, so if you miss a day, go back and write your entry. This plan is design for us to start taking of ourselves. Not beating ourselves. So write, track, and enjoy.
- Mind-Self Love Technique – Tonight take a relaxing bath. Make it special. I love music, so I take my phone in the bathroom with me and listen to Pandora. I also love to soak with Epson Salt. You can burn a fragrant incense or candle. Later in the month we will experiment with some herbs that will help to relax you. Enjoy yourself.
- Body – Drink 8 cups of water and Exercise for 15 to 30 minutes. Breakfast make a green smoothie. Escardo et.al. (2014) wrote, “Try a Green Raw-volution½ Apple, ½ orange, ½ cucumber, and 1 cup of Kale, 2 celery ribs, and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Juice all of your fruit and veggies. Add the chia seed, stir, and let them soak for 5 to 10 minutes.” Snack on some nuts for protein. Today eat soup and salad for lunch. We also need some fish so let’s eat if for dinner. Try eating some more greens for dinner and no starch.
- Soul – Be Still… We are still In Auto-Pilot. We have to learn that the only way we will get ahead is to humble ourselves before God. Read James 4:10: We will not get ahead by using man methods. They are too messy. We need him to help us move into a positive direction in our lives. The one thing that we need to remember is that we are here because of grace. Read Psalm 90:17: May the favor[a] of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands. He will give us what we need in due time because he is an on time God. Read Psalm 31:14-15:
- Pray. Get Six to Eight hours sleep.
- Auto-Pilot and depend on him.
Escardo, M., Cuadra, M. (2014), Detox Juicing, Skyhorse and Skyhorse Publishing. (p.67)
Ferguson, E.R., MD, (2013) 40 Day, Super Healing, Publishers Health Communications,
Hyman, M., MD. (2014) 10-Day Detox Diet, Little Brown, and Company
Smith, L.H. (2016) “ The 30-Day Faith Detox”, Chosen Books, (p. 75-81)